"Les Archives du Cœur"
"Les Archives du Cœur", by Christian Boltanski, permanently houses recordings of the heartbeats of people throughout the world. Christian Boltanski has been recording these heartbeats since 2008. Les Archives du Cœur is a testament to the fact of the recordees existence. The recordings may be heard by visitors.
"Les Archives du Cœur" is divided into 3 rooms: the Heart Room, which houses an installation; a recording room; and, a listening room. In the recording room visitors may record their heartbeats together with a personal message for archival as part of the work. In the listening room visitors can search for recordings using a computer database.
|Closed||Tuesdays (March 1 - November 30)
Tuesdays to Thursdays (December 1 - last day of February)
Open on national holidays but closed the next day.
Open on Tuesdays when Monday falls on a national holiday but closed on the next day.
Please check the Open Day Calendar.
10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. / March 1 - September 30
10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. / October 1 - last day of February
|Admission||Admission Fee: ¥510 (free for children 15 and under)
* No discounts are offered for groups and holders of Disability Certificates (Physical Disability Certificates, Rehabilitation Certificates, or Mental Disability Certificates) are not granted free entry.
* We accept the following credit cards: AMEX, Diners, JCB, Master Card, NICOS, VISA
Recording Fee: ¥1,540
* For recording and the CD-booklet. You can bring a CD-booklet of your heartbeats home.
|Types of Tickets||Regular tickets: Valid for admission on the day of purchase|
|Location||2801-1 karato, Teshima, Tonosho-cho, Shozu-gun, Kagawa 7614662 Japan
Tel. +81-(0)879-68-3555 (Teshima Art Museum)
If visiting the museum in a group (10 or more people)
- Please contact the museum by telephone, fax or email no later than one week prior to your visit.
Facilities and Services
For visitors with babies or small children
- Baby carriages may be taken into the museum.
- There is no nursing room nor a changing table in the museum.
For physically challenged visitors
- Handicapped visitors and visitors using wheelchairs or canes should contact the museum before their visit. We will offer advice individually.
Requests to visitors from Les Archives du Cœur
When visiting the museum
- There is no parking. Please visit by bicycle, on foot, or use public transport.
- Please do not bring large objects (suitcases, umbrellas, tripods, etc.) into the museum. These should be placed in coin lockers or left at the Ticket Center.
- Pets may not be taken into the museum.
- Visitors may not enter the museum wearing bathing suits.
- Smoking is prohibited on the museum premises.
- The use of cell phones is prohibited on the museum premises.
- Other than in the cafe, visitors may not eat (including candy, gum, boxed lunches, etc.) or drink on the museum premises.
- Please take any garbage away with you.
When viewing the artworks
- Please do not touch the walls, the glass, or the artworks themselves.
- Please do not take photographs, videos, or make sketches in the museum. Visitors are also requested not to use fountain pens, ink, etc.