Les Archives du Cœur
"Les Archives du Cœur", by Christian Boltanski, permanently houses recordings of the heartbeats of people throughout the world. Christian Boltanski has been recording these heartbeats since 2008.
Les Archives du Cœur is a testament to the recordees' existence.
The recordings may be listened to by visitors. It is also possible to record your own heart beat here.
Hours ＆ Admission
- March 1 - October 31
10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
(Last admittance: 4:30 p.m.)
November 1 - last day of February
10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
(Last admittance: 3:30 p.m.)
- Tuesdays (March 1 - November 30)
Tuesdays to Thursdays (December 1 - last day of February)
*Open on national holidays but closed the next day.
*Open on Tuesdays when Monday falls on a national holiday but closed on the next day.
Open Days Calendar
- Admission Fee：JPY520
*free for children 15 and under
Recording Fee: JPY1,570
*For recording and the CD-booklet. You can bring a CD-booklet of your heartbeats home.
*If visiting the museum in a group (9 or more people), Please go to Group Visits.
Facilities and Services
For visitors with babies or small children
- ・Baby carriages may be taken into the museum.
- ・There is no nursing room nor a changing table in the museum.
For handicapped visitors
Due to characteristics of facility, some places are not accessible for visitors with disabilities and special needs.
We ask for your understanding.
We will support you as much as possible when you visit us, so please contact and discuss directly with our facilities.
(2)About lending wheelchairs, etc.
・Wheelchairs: Not available.
・Writing tools: Available.
・Multi-purpose toilets: Not available.
・You may enter our facilities with a service dog, a seeing eye dog, and/or a hearing assistance dog.
- ・No discounts are offered for groups and holders of Disability Certificates (Physical Disability Certificates, Rehabilitation Certificates, or Mental Disability Certificates) are not granted free entry.
- ・We accept the following credit cards: AMEX, Diners, JCB, Master Card, NICOS, VISA.
Requests to visitors
When visiting the museum
- ・There is no parking. Please visit by bicycle, on foot, or use public transport.
- ・Please do not bring large objects (suitcases, umbrellas, tripods, etc.) into the museum. These should be placed in coin lockers or left at the Ticket Center.
- ・Pets may not be taken into the museum.
- ・Visitors may not enter the museum wearing bathing suits.
- ・Smoking is prohibited on the museum premises.
- ・The use of cell phones is prohibited on the museum premises.
- ・Other than in the cafe, visitors may not eat (including candy, gum, boxed lunches, etc.) or drink on the museum premises.
- ・Visitors may be refused entry if they appear intoxicated or otherwise pose a disturbance to other visitors.
- ・Please take any garbage away with you.
When viewing the artworks
- ・Please do not touch the artworks themselves.
- ・Please do not take photographs, videos, or make sketches in the museum. Visitors are also requested not to use fountain pens, ink, etc.
About using drone
- ・It's strictly prohibited to operate Unmanned Aircrafts (UAs) /Drone in Benesse Art Site Naoshima premises without our prior permission due to safety assurance reasons for the people, architecture and artworks.
2801-1 karato, Teshima, Tonosho-cho, Shozu-gun, Kagawa 7614662 Japan
Tel. +81-(0)879-68-3555 (Teshima Art Museum)